Hermanson-Kist Spring All Breed Horse Sale
Kist Livestock Auction
1715 40th Ave SE
Mandan, North Dakota 58554
Dave Hermanson (701) 400-8188
Kist Livestock Auction (701) 663-9573
SATURDAY, MARCH 18TH 9:00 AM
We will be LIVE here on Horse Auctions USA with real time online bidding!
Do NOT miss this WORLD FAMOUS Sale!
289 Head Cataloged and After Catalog Horses too!!!
You can download a complete pdf of the catalog HERE
Be sure to READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS shown when you register to bid as many of the most commonly asked questions will be answered there! You are bound by these terms whether you read them or not so take the time to review them and reach out if you have questions.
When you register for online bidding through Horse Auctions USA, you will have to enter a debit/credit card and a $1000 authorization will be placed by Horse Auctions USA to secure your online bidding ability. We hate that this is necessary but we do need to know our bidders are real people with real, working cards. This is NOT a charge. It will show as “pending” with your bank until final payment is received by Hermanson-Kist and then it will “fall off” and vanish as if it was never there. Many mobile banking apps will send out a notification when this preauthorization occurs and it often appears as a charge on the notification. IT IS NOT A CHARGE! If you click on it, you'll see that it is "pending" and it will never complete. It will vanish as if it was never there! This happens immediately on our end once final payment is received by Kist Livestock however, when it falls off on your bank's end may vary. Typically Monday but could be Tuesday.
Hermanson-Kist Horse Sale DOES NOT accept credit/debit cards for final payment on winning bids.
You will need to pay by:
Wire Transfer - Please contact us for Wire Instructions
Check ONLY with a current bank letter of credit
All horses must be paid for in full prior to removal from premises.
All Online Bidding Questions should be directed to Bridget Lavigne at (336) 904-8903
Pre-Bidding/Absentee Bidding is open to you as soon as a listing is posted. This works much like ebay - you can place your maximum bid and then let the computer do all the work for you! The computer will set you in at the lowest bid amount allowed and then bid on your behalf by increments as needed when other bids are placed. This is a useful option if you will be in an area with poor internet/cell service on sale day, if you will be unable to watch live on sale day for any reason, or if you just find the pressure of a real time auction to be overwhelming. The computer works as your agent in this scenario, trying to keep you in the winning position for the lowest allowable amount. The computer WILL NOT automatically set you in for your maximum bid - it works for you! BE ADVISED that if a horse comes into the ring and an announcement is made (i.e. the horse cribs) or something is visible (injury from the trailer) that wasn't listed in the horse's description ahead of time, we will remove any existing pre-bids as the information you bid with has changed. This is for your protection!
JOIN US LIVE AND BID LIKE YOU'RE RIGHT HERE IN PERSON.....
Watch & Bid LIVE on Sale Day! Once we start the horses on sale day, our webcast will go live. On sale day, a "Play Live" icon will appear. Lot in, click that icon, and have at it!!! You'll have real time video/audio available and bid buttons. Make sure you are registered to bid AND logged in so you will be able to bid when your favorite horse comes in! When you're logged in, you'll see your name in the upper right hand corner and that black bar beneath each horse will show a bid amount. If you are not logged in, that black bar beneath each horse will say "Register To Bid" If you see that, that's your reminder to log in! Nothing worse than the horse you waited for coming in and missing out because you forgot to login!!!
You DO NOT have to be a registered bidder to watch the sale! ANYONE can watch!
We do recommend REGISTERING BEFORE THE SALE STARTS!
While you can register to bid online at anytime during the sale, should you run into any difficulty, it is hard to answer the phone and assist while simultaneously running the internet bidding program. Registering prior is a great idea just in case you run into any trouble so you can get assistance!
Should you need assistance locating transport, please reach out (preferably prior to the sale!) We will have a list of haulers that we'll be updating and posting as sale day draws near. Any layover board arrangements will need to be made with Dave Hermanson (701) 400-8188
TERMS AND CONDITIONS - YOU ARE BOUND BY THEM WHETHER YOU READ THEM OR NOT!
1. We strongly urge buyers to thoroughly examine the horses that interest them. They will have to back their judgement with money. All sales are absolute and final.
2. THERE IS NO WARRANTY, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED BY THE OWNER OF ANY HORSE OR THE CONSIGNOR OF ANY HORSE AS TO THE SOUNDNESS, CONDITION, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE OF ANY HORSE OFFERED IN THIS SALE. ALL HORSES ARE SOLD “AS IS” WITH ALL EXISTING CONDITIONS AND DEFECTS EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY ANNOUNCED FROM THE AUCTION STAND OR AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED HEREIN.
3. TERMS OF SALE ARE CASH. Buyers paying with check must have current letter of credit from their bank. All foreign buyers must pay U.S. currency. INTERNET BIDDERS - You MUST register to bid online with a valid credit or debit card and a $1000 pre-authorization will be placed on said card by Horse Auctions USA. This is NOT a charge but rather an authorization. That authorization will fall off (as if it was never there) once final payment has been made to the Hermanson-Kist Sale. Hermanson-Kist Horse Sale DOES NOT accept credit/debit cards for final payment. You will need to pay cash at pick up or with a check that is accompanied by a current bank letter of credit. For those out of the area and unable to pay in person, wiring instructions will be provided. Please email info@horseauctionsusa to request wiring instructions. All purchases must be paid for in full prior to release from Hermanson-Kist Horse Sale.
3A. There is a 4% Online Buyer's Premium charged on ALL WINNING ONLINE BIDS
4. Title to and risk of loss passes to the buyer when the animal is announced “sold” by the auctioneer. Effective from the time of purchase, the buyer assumes responsibility for the maintenance and care of the animal and agrees to care for such animal in accordance with approved husbandry practices and the stabling policies of the Hermanson-Kist Horse Sale. The buyer further as harmless from all loss, cost and expense arising from the illness, injury or death of persons caused by the buyer, the buyer’s agents or employees or by the animal subsequent to the time of purchase. In the case of winning internet bidders, Hermanson-Kist Horse Sale staff will yard off and feed/water your horses until pick up. Daily Yardage charges will apply to horses not picked up within 48 hours of purchase.
5. The sale management, auctioneers and employees act as agents for the seller, but assume no liability for either buyer or seller. Any representations made by the sale management are made on behalf of the seller.
6. The highest bidder is the buyer. If dispute arises between or among two or more bidders, sole authority to settle the dispute as he/she sees fit is reserved by the auctioneer, and his decision shall be final. The auctioneer reserves the right to reject any or all bids.
7. The right to bid is reserved for all sellers in this sale unless otherwise announced.
8. A current negative Coggins test report will be furnished on every horse in this sale. Health certificates for transportation purposes will be issued on sale day upon request except for Canada purchased horses. The Health Certificate will be here as soon as signed by Federal Vet.
9. All persons who attend the sale do so at their own risk and Hermanson-Kist Horse Sale assumes no liability for any accident, or for loss by fire, theft, or injury in any manner. Buyers and spectators are cautioned to be careful while on the grounds and particularly while horses are being shown or sold in the sale ring.
10. Buyer is responsible for $20.00 transfer fee for Quarter Horses; also $20.00 transfer fee for Paints. Registration papers will be given to the buyers as soon as checks have cleared or credit established.
11. The auctioneer will decline any bid made by parties who have defaulted in former purchase, or by persons who in his/her judgement, are not responsible bidders. Purchasers who fail in any respect whatsoever to pay for horses shall be declared in default. Any horse purchased by defaulter may be resold at public or private sale without notice for purchaser’s account. Costs of such resale to be borne by defaulter. Should such resale fail to satisfy the defaulter’s account in full defaulter shall pay forthwith to the Hermanson-Kist Horse Sales the amount owing, failing which, the undersigned may bring suit against defaulter. THE PURCHASER SHALL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL COSTS, INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES, INCURRED BY HERMANSON-KIST HORSE SALES, IN COLLECTION OF AMOUNTS OWING FOR HORSES PURCHASED, OR IN ENFORCEMENT OR INTERPRETATION OF THIS CONDITION OF SALE.
12. If any person shall purchase a lot and not pay for it as prescribed above, nothing shall prevent the auctioneer or the owner from compelling the purchaser to pay for it, if the auctioneer or seller shall so deem fit.
13. Selling positions are to be drawn by sale management and sold in catalog order.
14.THE ACCURACY OF ALL INFORMATION OF THE CATALOG PAGE(S) IS THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE CONSIGNOR. Consignor shall have the affirmative duty to examine the catalog page(s), on which horses consigned by him appear, prior to sale and report any inaccuracies to Hermanson-Kist Horse Sales, so that it may make an appropriate announcement at time of sale.
15. The Hermanson-Kist Horse Sales will mail all registration papers approximately 3 weeks after sale date, after all checks have cleared the bank. If new owner wants bred mares to be PG checked it must be done at new owner’s expense before leaving the yard. We request that prospective buyers who are unknown to this firm, report to our office and make known their intention to bid and furnish bank references if payment is to be made by check. Horses will not be delivered to buyer until proper settlement has been made. There is no guarantee of any horse sold in this sale, except when the owner makes a specific guarantee. In such case, right of recourse must be directed to the seller. Any horse not available to sell in its turn will be sold at the end of the sale on the day it is listed to sell. If the consignor is handling his own horse, he will be responsible for having it ready to sell in the position delegated to him. If a horse is no sale, it must be done before the horse leaves the ring. Otherwise, the sale will be considered final.
EXAMINE HORSES PRIOR TO PURCHASING. COGGINS TEST: ALL HORSES IN THIS SALE HAVE BEEN REQUIRED TO HAVE BEEN TESTED NEGATIVE FOR EQUINE INFECTIOUS ANEMIA (COGGINS TEST). TESTS COMPLETED WITHIN SIX MONTHS OF SALE DATE. *NO ALLEY TRADING ALLOWED*